Adult First Time and Returning Students
Have you earned an associate’s and want your bachelor’s degree? Have gone as far in your career as you can without a college degree? Or is your dream to change to a career that requires a college degree? Whether it's job-related, for personal development or simply finishing something you started long ago, graduating from college opens up a new world of possibilities for your life.
It can be scary to take that first step and may even be hard to know where to start. That’s why EKU has assembled a team of knowledgeable, caring individuals to walk by your side during this process. If you have previous credits, we can review those before you even apply to EKU, with the goal of maximizing those toward your selected degree.
Whatever your motivation, Eastern Kentucky University is ready to work with you - one-on-one - to find the program that best suits your needs. Along with our traditional on-campus undergraduate programs, we offer degree completion options online specifically for adult learners. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 622-7686 to begin the conversation!
Once you are ready to apply, just follow the steps outline below:
1. Apply for admission
- Apply to EKU using the online application (If you cannot access the online application you may download and mail the application (PDF format))
2. Submit payment for $35 admissions processing fee
3. Provide an official final high school transcript or GED (If you have fewer than 24 hours of college credit since graduating high school)
- Request official final high school transcripts here
- Order GED here
- Send official ACT or SAT results to EKU
- You may be able to use EKU Placement Tests in lieu of ACT or SAT scores! Adult learners (21 or older) may take placement tests for admission purposes in place of ACT or SAT scores. Placement tests will be given to demonstrate skills in reading, English, and mathematics.
- Prepare for the tests:
- Sample placement tests available here
- Refresh skills with the EKU Adult Education Program, free of charge!
- Know how your admission test scores count with the College Placement Chart
- Placement Test Schedule
4. If you have attended a regionally accredited institution, other than EKU - Have an official transcript from each accredited university, including any dual credit that you received in high school, sent to the Admissions office. Transcripts can be ordered online at the National Student Clearinghouse. Select the Electronic PDF option and have your transcript sent to email@example.com
5. Veteran student? To receive credit for your military service, submit a copy of your Joint Service Transcript to EKU. Joint Service Transcripts can be ordered at no cost here. Get more information about credits, registration and other services provided at the EKU Office of Military and Veteran Affairs.