Dear Students, Parents and/or Guardians:
Congratulations and welcome to Campus! One of the first steps in your journey will be to attend orientation. In order to make this transition easier, we have outlined some key information below.
During new student orientation, you will learn more about the Colonel Card for Eastern Kentucky University. The Colonel Card will serve as your official university identification card and will provide access to many facilities and services offered on campus, including: meal plans, dining, library, vending machines and athletic events.
As an optional service, your Colonel Card can also act as your ATM/Debit card by linking it to a U.S. Bank Student Checking account1. All students attending Eastern Kentucky University will receive a Colonel Card, regardlessoftheirbankingaffiliation.BenefitsyouwillreceivebyhavingaU.S.BankStudentCheckingaccountinclude:
- No monthly maintenance fee1
- No transaction fees at U.S. Bank ATMs; including 2 on-campus ATMs located in the Powell Building and Stratton Building
- No U.S. Bank fee charged on first four non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions per statement period (non-U.S. Bank ATM fees apply after four)2
- Free Mobile Check Deposit3
- Email and text alerts4
- eStatements5 by request
- Send money with Zelle® to almost anyone in the U.S. for free6
- Three full-service U.S. Bank branches in Richmond, KY
Need to open a U.S. Bank Student Checking account1 or already have a U.S. Bank Checking account?
Visit the U.S. Bank table during orientation to open your U.S. Banking Student Checking account and then during move in day in August, when you receive your Colonel Card, see a banker and we will link the card to your existing account. Please bring your driver’s license or state-issued identification card and know your social security number.
U.S. Bank is committed to offering exceptional financial services to its customers, which includes a variety of financial wellness resources available 24/7 for parents and students. Visit usbank.com/studentunion to learnmore.
Again, congratulations and welcome to Eastern Kentucky University. We’ll see you at orientation.
EKU University Card Services
1. All regular account-opening procedures apply. $25 minimum deposit to open an account. Fees for non-routine transactions may apply For a comprehensive list of account pricing, terms and policies see the Consumer Pricing Information brochure and Your Deposit Account Agreement. These documents can be obtained by contacting a U.S. Bank branch or calling 800.872.2657. 2. Non-U.S. Bank ATM owners will apply a surcharge fee unless they participate in the MoneyPass® Network. To find MoneyPass ATM locations, please visit www.moneypass.com. 3. Free for consumer accounts. Eligibility requirements and restrictions apply. Please refer to the Online and Mobile Financial Services Agreement for more information. 4. For text alerts, standard messaging charges apply through your mobile carrier and message frequency depends on account settings. 5. Statement fees apply for paper statements. Additional fees apply for paper statements with image or check return. 6. Recipients must have an eligible bank account in the United States. Terms and conditions apply. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
For a comprehensive list of account pricing, terms and policies see the Consumer Pricing Information brochure and Your Deposit Account Agreement. These documents can be obtained by contacting a U.S. Bank branch or calling 800.872.2657. Deposit products are offered by U.S. Bank National Association. Member FDIC. ©2018 U.S. Bank
Your school chose U.S. Bank as its partner to offer students, faculty and staff the option to add banking functionality to the campus ID card. Your school may receive financial support from U.S. Bank in the form of marketing funds, royalties, card stock or other compensation to offset costs otherwise incurred by the school. Students, faculty and staff are not required to open an account with U.S. Bank to receive or use the campus ID card for other campus services.
Published on June 25, 2018